Hi Cathy and Mark,
Please take the time to read Asha's summary of my meeting with her this morning. I would love to hear your thoughts. I thought I would start by having both of you visit a class in which I get the students excited by doing a lab on the topic we are studying. I am going to have the students do a lab on plant and animal cells starting on Thursday 10/11( B3-2:30-3:45) and on Friday 10/12 (A3-2:30-3:45). My B2 class will do this on Monday 10/15 (10-11:15). We will start with the students looking at an animal cell and we actually have them get a sample of cells from their cheeks, quite fun! If you can be watching for what gets the students excited and give me feedback that should help me start to think about the tools/skills the students need to get excited on their own about a topic. I would love to brainstorm ideas with both of you as well. Let me know if you can visit any of those classes, even just for part. Asha said she would cover for you if you need her to. I will begin the lab at the start of the class on 10/11 and 10/12. On 10/15 they will be taking a quiz first, so we won't get to the lab until 3. That's it for now here's to a fun and exciting year of discovery!
Judy
I'll come to the 10/12 class, but I'll be having a softball meeting during the first part of 8X. I probably won't be able to get there until 2:35 or so, and I'll only be able to stay for about 30 minutes because I have to head out to soccer practice. Does that work for you, Judy?
ReplyDeleteThanks for having me in your class. You have a great group of students and it is quite evident that they enjoy being in your class. I will work up my notes and send them to you. I hope we can all meet as a group on Oct. 30.
ReplyDelete